Re: How to manage a firewall script with minor tweaks for different machines?

Andy Smith <andy@strugglers.net> writes:

> Ansible can be very simple and quick to learn and everything you've
> mentioned in your post can easily be done with it.

Thanks, I'd heard of Ansible before and I tried it and cdist and decided
to do this with Ansible. Mostly because I couldn't get anywhere with
cdist.

Ansible is a little whiny and frustrating so I did some things like
editing a config file in an ssh loop since Ansible didn't run my
perfectly fine sed thingy.

So anyways, my various firewall configs are in place; the ability to
include a directory from nftables turned out to be the solution for
different firewall configs on different machines.