Re: Cross compilation error

On 17/06/2021 06:15, Paul Wise wrote:

tomas wrote:
On Wed, Jun 16, 2021 at 06:07:00PM +0200, Jonathan Tremesaygues wrote:
But it is not the job of ’dpkg-buildpackage -a<arch>’ to set the
right compiler and other stuff? Neither the wiki, the manpage nor
the unofficial guides found on Internet say I have to set manually
the compiler :-/

It should, I think.

Looks like the cross build QA service sees the same failure:

    http://crossqa.debian.net/src/ppp

I think that this means the package doesn't support being cross built
yet due to problems in the packaging.

I noticed that if I replace this line in debian/rules:

    ./configure --prefix=/usr

With this line:

    ./configure --prefix=/usr --cc=gcc --cross_compile="$(DEB_HOST_GNU_TYPE)-"

Then the cross build starts working.

Would you like to file a bug report about this issue?

If so, run this command:

    reportbug --source ppp

Make sure to use these headers and pseudo-headers: