Re: Cross compilation error

On 16/06/2021 17:55, Georgi Naplatanov wrote:
On 6/16/21 5:39 PM, Jonathan Tremesaygues wrote:
Hi,

I’m using Debian Buster amd64 and I try to cross-compile ppp for armhf.

I never cross-compiled before so I have followed this guide:
https://wiki.debian.org/CrossCompiling#Building_with_dpkg-buildpackage

A paste of my actions is available here: http://paste.debian.net/1201433/

If I understand the error, the compiler search for the amd64 version of
the libssl-dev’s headers instead of the armhf one. But I don’t
understand why. Any idea or clue?

Best regards,

Jonathan T.

Hi Jonathan,

probably this warning is the issue.

"dpkg-architecture: warning: specified GNU system type
arm-linux-gnueabihf does not match CC system type x86_64-linux-gnu, try
setting a correct CC environment variable"

The environment variable CC should contain the path to the compiler for
armhf architecture not for amd64 one.

HTH

Kind regards
Georgi

It’s look like you are right. By setting CC to arm-linux-gnueabihf-gcc, I was able to compile the package.

But it is not the job of ’dpkg-buildpackage -a<arch>’ to set the right compiler and other stuff? Neither the wiki, the manpage nor the unofficial guides found on Internet say I have to set manually the compiler :-/

Jo