Re: upgrade to testing

On 6/15/21 6:08 PM, Francisco M Neto wrote:
Honestly worth a lot more.
	There are a lot of people that are not that familiar with Debian,
and sometimes it's comprehensible that they don't look for search
engines right away; a lot of times the answers that come up on a search
apply to derivatives. Ubuntu is so ubiquitous these days that I've seen
plenty of people that just follow instructions meant for it, but under
Debian.

	So it's (from a certain point of view) comendable that they come to
this list instead. After all this is _the_ Debian User Group; and it's
sad that sometimes they are met with less-than-tolerant responses.

	Although I can completely understand (and to some extent, relate to)
the way some people feel when a discussion list is sometimes treated as
a support desk, a more welcoming response is more likely to create a
more conscientious Debian user.

That was MY €0.02.

I must concur. I understand sending people away to research things on debian.org. But consider: googling across the internet's trillions of documents to find an answer, or filtering through the abundance of documentation on debian.org... it's a helluva lot easier to just ask the question here. A lot of the people here don't have to look up the answer; they know it already. And as demonstrated, the answer isn't that difficult to express.

I've been using Debian from probably 20 years now. I'm just advocating for some more tolerance.

Paul