Re: How to manage a firewall script with minor tweaks for different machines?

Anssi Saari wrote:

> I also need some way of pushing these firewall scripts and other config
> stuff over to the machines too. It's not a huge network but manually
> logging into each machine, overwriting /etc/nftables.conf and restarting
> nftables.service is a pain. cdist looks interesting and simple, does
> anyone have experience with it?

I have been somewhere there 20y ago. There was one tool cfengine then came
many of the kind puppet, ansible etc.

regarding the FW I have also had a "simple" firewall script, but few years
ago I moved to shorewall

In any case ssh can populate your script and do restart easily. however
think about rollback scenarios ;-)

regards