Re: Automating tasks on wifi association

On Thu 10 Jun 2021 at 17:33:53 (-0700), L L wrote:
> I'm writing a script that generates a randomized valid MAC address and
> assigns it to the wireless card. It would be nice to make it run
> automatically as part of connecting to an access point. What will I have to
> edit to make this happen?

For the MAC address itself, would macchanger help you?

   * set specific MAC address of a network interface
   * set the MAC randomly
   * set a MAC of another vendor
   * set another MAC of the same vendor
   * set a MAC of the same kind (eg: wireless card)
   * display a vendor MAC list (today, 6200 items) to choose from

As for making the connection, most packages supply locations
for placing your scripts, like /etc/network/if-*.d/ and
/etc/wicd/scripts/p*connect/ and so on.

Cheers,
David.