Re: How do I permanently disable unattended downloads of software/security updates?

Hi

> Sent: Tuesday, June 01, 2021 at 9:39 PM
> From: "Reco" <recoverym4n@enotuniq.net>
> To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
> Subject: Re: How do I permanently disable unattended downloads of software/security updates?

As you can see from the screenshot, my OS has surreptitiously downloaded software/security updates without my manual intervention. This behavior is not what I like and it's the subject of my original post.

Exactly. The notification about software updates being available was the first thing that popped up on my OS (see screenshot: https://ibb.co/5xP7r5t). This was confirmed by the message "Need to get 0 B/20.2 MB of archives".

> I'm curious what will be shown in this configuration by:
>
> apt-config dump | grep Periodic

One kind person has already asked me for the output of

apt-config dump | grep -i APT::Periodic

Below is the output of the above command:

APT::Periodic "";
APT::Periodic::Download-Upgradeable-Packages "0";
APT::Periodic::Unattended-Upgrade "0";