Re: which command can show if usb 3.0 is used

Hi.

On 2021-05-30 9:53 p.m., Long Wind wrote:
> Jude, it sounds foolish, there has to be some better way
> and i don't have usb 2.0 disk
>
> my usb disk is new, it supports usb3
> stretch must support usb3 because usb3 is supported ever since /kernel
> 2.6.31/
> i wonder if hp t5740e supports usb3

You can install hwinfo and it will tell you what's installed in your
computer, including the type of usb controler.

Or you can simply check the specs of your computer.

Have you tried, also you already have another answer regarding looking
into your logs. This will tell you if your drive is using USB 3 or not.
Also, some computer have only some port USB 3, the other will be only
USB 2. So looking at the logs will make sure you connected to the good port.

What have you tried before asking for help ? This sound to me like we
already gave you all the good options to know what's going on. What are
you expecting more ?

This sounds much to me like "I want to know if my computer is USB 3 but
I didn't even google-it"...

--
Polyna-Maude R.-Summerside