PGP: difference between Kleopatra and Kgpg, both from KDE

Hello,
Could someone explain for a raw beginner concerning the usage of PGP the difference between Kleopatra and Kgpg, what the typical work case is for the one and the other, what important feature the one and the other is missing?

Sorry for the related but low specific questions in the following. Being a raw beginner in the topic of PGP signing of email messages, it is difficult to even know what exactly to ask for. My internet search engine of choice and the KDE web sites both unfortunately did not guide me to a nice reading about the differences of Kleopatra and Kgpg, and adding Thunderbird to this does not make the topic easier to grasp. Therefore please allow me to add the following complex of questions: The background to my questions is, that I am aiming to soon use PGP signatures when working with Thunderbird, but I would not know if Kleopatra or if Kpgp would be better suited to support this. Besides, as a raw beginner in the topic of PGP, I am not even sure right now if I might find good usage of PGP for whatever else in the future (maybe authentication for a ssh access?), and if for this I should right away start to get comfortable with the one or the other tool, Kleopatra or Kpgp, or if anyway both will be needed because they target different work cases or complement each other? At the moment my impression is that Thunderbird even comes with its own PGP implementation and is not using any other PGP parts of the rest of my Debian? Will Kleopatra or Kpgp then be of any help for me at all right now? I find package "gnupg" (maybe for the package manager apt to work fine?), but no package which in its package name would explicitly contain the word openpgp. Is there a special openpgp package which I should install in order to get well prepared for a typical PGP future?

Thanks a lot! Marco.