Re: Debmirror

Hi !
Answer follow.

On 2021-05-18 12:17 p.m., Cindy Sue Causey wrote:
> On 5/18/21, Polyna-Maude Racicot-Summerside <debian@polynamaude.com> wrote:
>> Hi !
>> I can't seem to get the debian security updates repository using debmirror.
>> It did work for me to get the standard repository, with both amd64 and
>> i386 plus the sources.
>> But I can't do it with security.debian.org
>> It just wait for ever and will fail.
>>
>> Got any hint ?
>> Here's my command name
>>
>> debmirror  --method=https --progress --debug --verbose
>> --dist="buster/updates" --section="main" --arch="amd64,i386" --source
>> --keyring /usr/share/keyrings/debian-archive-keyring.gpg
>> --host="security.debian.org" --diff=mirror /dpkg/security/
>>
>> Got any hint ?
>

> Try this maybe?
>
> http://security.debian.org/debian-security/

The answer was finally half-half... You gave me the first.

If you enter --host="security.debian.org/debian-security" then you get
the following :
Name or service not known

But if you add
--root="debian-security"
and use
--host="security.debian.org"
and use the method http (at least for me)
Then if seem to work great :)

> The one you're currently using redirects to an informational text
> page. This second one from my apt-get sources opens to the kind of
> downloadable packages you might be seeking.
>
> One of the things I learned early on with ALL Linux distributions was
> to play with visiting the repository pages in person to get a feel for
> their layouts. On rare occasions, I've used that method to download
> problem packages when all other methods of installation were failing.
> *shhhh* :)
>
> Cindy :)

Thanks for the hint, I forgot to do this on this time. I normally wander
around trying to find the "dists" folder to give me a base.

PM :)

--
Polyna-Maude R.-Summerside