Re: PC fan getting very loud

On 08/05/2021 11:06, Michael Grant wrote:

I also recently had something like this happen.  I tried to redo the
thermal paste between the CPU and cooler but it did not help.  I have
a liquid cooler on my CPU.  Apparently these things get clogged up
over time.  They need to be replaced (or taken apart carefully and
cleaned) from time to time.

You had some bad liquid cooler then, or damaged water pump. I have AIO
liquid cooler from Corsair, bought it together with Ryzen 95W CPU about
4 years ago, haven't reapplied paste since then. No cleaning done
either, apart from de-dusting case every 6 months or so. Temperatures
are ideal, under Linux I have no control over 2 AIO fans, but everything
works perfectly on its own.

--

With kindest regards, piorunz.

⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀