Kismet old version in debian

Dear list,

I am wondering, why there is such an old version of kismet in debian. The
version in debian is 2016, whilst meanwhile there is a new version out
(2020-12-R3) with lots of new and fresh features.

There is even a 32-bit version vailable (there is no official version from the
kismet group) but there are debian packages for kismet-2020-12-R3 from kali-
linux. Kali also brings 64-bit debian packages.

I checked, but even debian/sid got the old 2016 version and so please allow me
to suggest, to add kismet-2020-12-R3 to the debian repo.

Does anyone agree? Not agree?

Best regards

Hans