Re: Piano live recording (was: Live recording)

Rodolfo Medina wrote:
> I've just bought a Behringer UMC404HD audio interface and want to record live
> piano by placing two microphones one at the trebles and one at the bass.  Is it
> better to use mono or omni directional microphones?  In particular, which do
> you suggest between Bheringer B5 either Behringer C2 twins?

The B5 is a general purpose instrument mic with both cardioid
and omni capsules (swappable). You can put one in each position
and figure out which you like where. You will get the instrument
sound and little else. If your room is not particularly good, or
you will be sending your part in to be mixed with others, this
is a pretty good idea.

The C2 is a pair of cardioids designed for recording in stereo
at a distance. If you are performing in a particular space
and want to capture the experience of being in the audience, or
you want to capture a live event, or any other situation where
you want the whole rather than individual instruments to be
mixed later, the C2 is what you want -- except that a pair of
B5s with the cardioid capsules can do the same job, so a pair of
B5s is more flexible.

-dsr-