Re: Installing Debian 10.9 Buster on iMac G5 (powerpc)

Hello,

From what I understand (If I understand correctly), your processor is a powerpc64 Big Indian, not a powerpc64 Little Indian and nowadays the rare Linux ditros that still propose a powerpc64 portage do it for Litte Indian (ppc64el) as Debian do. So Debian is not compatible with your hardware.

The only distros I have found that seem to support your hardware are Gentoo
https://www.gentoo.org/downloads/ (download the PPC64 stage3 image, not the ppc or ppc64le ones) and Adelie (the distro is in RC (release candidate) stage but ther are even live images)
https://www.adelielinux.org/download/

Even the *BSD seem to lack support for the Imac G5