[solved!!!] Multichannel audio playback

Rodolfo Medina <rodolfo.medina@gmail.com> writes:

On Mon, Mar 05, 2018 at 10:39:19AM +0100, Rodolfo Medina wrote:

>>> After learning, some months ago, thanks to listers' help, how to live
>>> record into a multi channel audio file, I was wondering about the reverse
>>> problem: now I have my multi channel audio file, e.g. composed by three
>>> different channels.  Is it possibile (I guess it is), and how?, to send
>>> each of the three outputs into a different loud speaker and so listen to
>>> the song...?
>

> Four years ago this interesting thread.  Now I've purchased a Behringer
> UMC404HD 4-channels audio interface and finally want to do my experiment.
> Now I have a 3-channel .wav file and 3 loudspeakers connected to Behringer's
> output: I want to playback each channel to a different speaker.

It works...!!!

That's what I did:

1) I plugged the Behringer into the mains;

2) I connected the Behringer to the PC via Behringer's USB cable;

3) I plugged 3 amplified loudspeaker (could also be not amplified but then
   sound is low) into 3 of the 4 black holes (the TRS ones, but it could be ok
   also with the RCA ones, I didn't try yet) of the `PLAYBACK OUTPUTS' system
   on the back of the Behringer;

4) from my Linux box I did:

   $ ecasound -f:16,3,44100 -i:sndfile,3canali.wav -o alsaplugin,2,0

   where `3canali.wav' is a 3-channels file.

And voilà: each of the 3 loudspeakers play a different channel of the 3
channels composing `3canali.wav'.  There don't seem to be any issue with
Behringer's controls: the `MAIN OUT' and `MIX' knobs can be whatever, such as
the `STEREO/MONO' switch (so it seems).

Thanks to each and all that helped...!

Cheers

Rodolfo