Re: Is there any way to snoop on a USB port?

Martin McCormick wrote:
> I have a Windows box that has software on it which programs
> two-way radios and it would be nice to know what the radio and
> computer are saying to each other.
>
> 	After trying a Windows application that reportedly can
> capture serial port traffic, I find that it doesn't appear to
> work with usb ports and unix/linux is my preferred world anyway
> so is there any sort of hardware that would pass through a USB
> connection from the Windows box to the radio and let me siphon
> off the traffic to a linux system and log it?

There is Windows software:
https://github.com/SnoopWare/usbsnoop
which captures USB packets in both directions.

If you can run the Windows software in a VM under Linux, there
is usbmon built into the kernel's USB subsystem; it can monitor
all the USB traffic, too.

-dsr-