Re: Google vs. DDG

On Mi, 28 apr 21, 17:07:42, mick crane wrote:

> I think Google tailors results according to what they know about you.
> Even if you reset the router to a new IP and clear all the cookies they
> still seem to know. I've wondered if the browser has an identifying number.
> mick

If you're using Google Chrome, it just might:

https://amifloced.org/

As far as I understand from various articles and following discussions
(e.g. the one I quote below) browsers send various other data (like your
screen resolution) that can be combined to be used for fingerprinting.

Apparently Google intends to take this to another level:

https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2021/04/everybody-hates-floc-googles-tracking-plan-for-chrome-ads

Kind regards,
Andrei