Issue with lightdm

Hi folks,

I am a little stuck with an issue with light dm.

The problem:

When I am starting lightdm and then starting LXDE, I get a popup-window telling "Exhausted all available authentication mechanisms (tried: EXTERNAL) (available EXTERNAL)"

(Mine is in German, as I am using a German environment, but that does not matter.)

When I cllick the message away, then LXDE is started, but several plugins in the taskbar are not running.

However, when logging out of LXDE and restarting LXDE again, then everything is working normal.

Investigations:

In /var/log/user.log I can see the same messages (many!) as above described:

Apr 22 19:49:23 localhost lightdm[7160]: Failed to get system bus: Exhausted all available authentication mechanisms (tried: EXTERNAL) (available EXTERNAL)

I searched the web for a solution, and I believe, it is just a timing problem, with the dbus system. IMO some thing is inhibiting the syncronisation of the dbus system.

I tried to deinstall nscd (had the hope, the system will become faster) , but then lightdm is not starting any more.

Also tried, to deinstall nscd and then to change from lightdm to sddm, kdm and gdm. That let kdm, sddm or gddm start, but it let me not start LXDE.

So I reinstalled nscd again.

Questions:

I saw in te internet, that this behaviour is well known, but not in Debian, mostly Ubuntu (older versions) and RedHat.

Some told, the solution might be a forced delay, but this makes the starting more slow tnan wanted.

Do you have any idea, how to fix this? Is this a bug and shoulsd be filed?

Thanks for reading this and all your help!

Best regards

Hans