installing two versions of a user application

Hello Folks,

Some little time ago I made a jump from another distro into Debian.

When I made that jump I took with me a few proprietary applications that
I make a lot of use of.  One in particular is causing me a bit of a
headache - Master PDF Editor by Code Industry:
https://code-industry.net/free-pdf-editor/

Master PDF Editor is now well into version 5, but when it transitioned
from v4 to v5 it left a lot of its functionality (in the no cost
version) behind.  So, I'd always kept a copy of the old v4 rpm to hand
and installed alongside v5 in my old distro.  Version 4 has long since
become unavailable, but I was able to make good use of alien to magic my
v4 rpm into a v4 deb.

BUT, now I can not install both v4 and v5 alongside one another.  When I
install v4, v5 is removed; when I install v5, v4 is removed.  This
wasn't a problem under the old distro.  Each version is installed into
its own directory, either: /opt/master-pdf-editor-4 or
/opt/master-pdf-editor-5.

I tried to force it with the following, but...
$ sudo apt install ./master-pdf-editor-4.3.89_qt5.x86_64.deb
./master-pdf-editor-5.7.08-qt5_included.x86_64.deb
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Note, selecting 'master-pdf-editor' instead of
'./master-pdf-editor-4.3.89_qt5.x86_64.deb'
Note, selecting 'master-pdf-editor' instead of
'./master-pdf-editor-5.7.08-qt5_included.x86_64.deb'
master-pdf-editor is already the newest version (4.3.89-2).
  master-pdf-editor
1 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 1 not upgraded.
Need to get 0 B/28.4 MB of archives.
After this operation, 64.8 MB of additional disk space will be used.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n] n
Abort.

Is there any method to allow v4 and v5 to be both installed together?

Thanks
Morgan
null