Re: scanner recommendation

On Mon 19 Apr 2021 at 09:31:47 +0200, Klaus Jantzen wrote:

[...]

> I am using a CanoScan LiDE 400. I bought it because they have a (very
> simple) Linux support.
>
> The software is a not very clever but works nicely. The images (jpg, pdf)
> are good. There are a lot of buttons on the machine but you cannot use them.
>
> I tried to use xsane but that does not know the scanner.

My advice would be to read here:

  https://github.com/alexpevzner/sane-airscan

sane-airscan is shipped on bullseye and in backports on buster. ipp-usb
is the default on bullseye (see its Release Notes), but it will have to
be obtained from the above link on buster and have "interface = all" put
in /etc/ipp-usb/ipp-usb.conf.

Xsane and simple-scan now become usable. sane-airscan is much better than
anything provided ny Canon.

--
Brian.