Re: [Solved] Re: localhost web apps and cookie blocking

Celejar wrote:
> Interesting. I thought my usecase was a pretty straightforward one - I
> have various typical home user services that I have no intention of
> making available on the public internet, so I don't bother with SSL,
> but I do want to access them relatively securely across my local
> network. port forwarding via ssh seemed like an easy and solid
> solution, but perhaps it's not commonly done.

Fairly common. You can add stanzas like this:

(nginx):

location /someserver/ {
        proxy_pass http://127.0.0.1:4444/;
        proxy_set_header Host $host;
        proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-Proto $scheme;
        proxy_set_header Connection "";
        allow 192.168.0.0/24;
        allow 127.0.0.1;
        deny all;
    }

This changes it from a port number to a URL path, allows your
local network and localhost to access it, and denies it to
others, should they come across the path.

Apache and other webservers can do similar things.

-dsr-