Re: Wayland and GNOME 3

On Wed, Mar 31, 2021 at 05:31:59PM -0400, Paul M Foster wrote:
> A while back I installed GNOME 3 (Buster), and it dragged Wayland in, and
> now runs on top of Wayland. I like Wayland, but some things (like Synaptic)
> don't work with it. Is there a way to run GNOME 3 on Xorg?
>
> Paul
>
> --
> Paul M. Foster
> http://noferblatz.com
> http://quillandmouse.com

Log out of Gnome3. You get the login splash with username to click on. That
opens the password box. Just under the password box is a cog wheel icon.
Before you put your password in, click on the cog. You get various options -
Gnome will default to Wayland but you can also choose Gnome on X11. [I can't
remember what Default X11 does]

Hope this helps,

All the very best as ever,

Andy C