Re: xsane can't see Brother ADS-2700W scanner

On 30/03/2021 23:24, Charlie Gibbs wrote:
The one way I did manage to get the scanner to work was to a
USB flash drive.  It quickly sucked in a handful of sheets,
scanned both sides, and wrote them to a file on the stick.
If all else fails, I can work with it that way.  But I'd
really like to let xsane manage the process.

Which sane backend are you using?

Most new scanners support airscan, so try installing sane-airscan. Note that for your scanner to be discovered you need avahi-daemon running. (Or maybe you just need avahi-utils).

Brother generally offers proprietary drivers, including a Sane backend. Did you install that?

--
The most disagreeable thing that your worst enemy says to your face does
not approach what your best friends say behind your back.

Eduardo M KALINOWSKI
eduardo@kalinowski.com.br