Re: Request: A Debian public Wiki repository/bank for complex code lines with examples, scripts, self-explanatory with terminal, otherwise Minimal explanatory texts

Susmita/Rajib wrote:

> The best possible method of learning appears to be minimal
> explanation, but exhaustive implementation of code lines in a
> console/terminal.

While you may think that this is the best way for you to learn
about command lines, most people don't do well this way.

Most people like to read a story: I had this problem, I tried
these things, and this is what worked. That helps them
understand not just the solution, but the process of finding the
solution so that they can someday find their own solutions.

In a freshly-installed Debian system, there are about 1200
commands. Each of these takes between 1 and 50-ish arguments, not
counting the arguments that can be repeated indefinitely.

If every command can be reasonably combined with 50% of the
other commands, a 2-layer wiki of your design would need

1200 * 600 = 720000 entries

That's quite a project.

When learning a language, we don't compile a list of all
possible sentences and try to look them up; we write primers and
guides to grammar.

-dsr-