Re: mdadm and whole disk array members

Hello,

On Fri, Mar 26, 2021 at 02:31:21PM -0400, Gary Dale wrote:
> I'm not convinced that the problem is the BIOS writing a partition
> table. In your link the last post talks about zapping the
> partition table to stop the behaviour. This suggests the BIOS/UEFI
> was restoring the backup partition table. However I'd already
> zapped the partition table on my disks so that wouldn't be my
> case.

It should be pretty easy to check if this is what's happening,
without md being in the picture, if you have a will.

Though if you now have a working system I appreciate that you
probably don't want to tear it apart to test a theory.

I was only mentioning it as this is the only time I have ever seen
anything remotely like what you describe.

Cheers,
Andy