Re: bluetooth problems Cambridge Silicon Radio

On 26/3/21 8:33 am, deloptes wrote:
Jeremy Ardley wrote:

Mar 25 15:30:46 client.bronzemail.com kernel: usb 1-3.2: new full-speed
USB device number 7 using xhci_hcd
Mar 25 15:30:47 client.bronzemail.com kernel: usb 1-3.2: New USB device
found, idVendor=0a12, idProduct=0001, bcdDevice=88.91
Mar 25 15:30:47 client.bronzemail.com kernel: usb 1-3.2: New USB device
strings: Mfr=0, Product=2, SerialNumber=0
Did you by chance read this?
I wonder if it is something with the stock kernel

https://askubuntu.com/questions/1098165/bluetoothctl-cant-find-default-device-but-hciconfig-hcitool-can-see-my-device
https://askubuntu.com/questions/1205962/bluetooth-dongle-problem

I have seen several references to the Cambridge Radio bug, with at least some patches being generated back in 2013 and in 2020, none of which seem to have made it to the kernel.

Given how hard it is to compile packages on debian without going down never ending rabbit holes of dependencies, it may be easier for me to just get a USB dongle that is known to work in the current distro.

Any suggestions on USB dongles that are known to work? Preferably V5.

Jeremy