Re: Adding wine64 to wine installation (buster)

On 25.03.2021 22:47, Rick Macdonald wrote:
I've been running a few 32bit Windows programs with wine for many years, but now I need to run some 64bit programs.

The Debian wine wiki says "Users on a 64-bit system should make sure that both wine32 and wine64 (or wine32-development and wine64-development) are installed".

I have "deb https://dl.winehq.org/wine-builds/debian/ buster main" in sources.lists. I installed "wine64". The package lists before and after are below. When I try to install a 64bit program using "wine 64bitprogram.exe", I get the message:

"This program can only be installed on versions of Windows designed for the following processor architectures: x64".

So then I ran "wine64 64bitprogram.exe" and I get the message:

"wine: '/home/myacct/.wine' is a 32-bit installation, it cannot support 64-bit applications."

Installing wine64 didn't create a .wine64 directory. It seems like I'm close, but what am I missing? Something to do with WINEPREFIX?
Correction, command should be:
$ wineboot --init

--
With kindest regards, Alexander.