Re: Debian Stable Updates Announcement SUA 197-1

On 3/23/21 4:43 AM, Greg Wooledge wrote:
On Mon, Mar 22, 2021 at 10:34:12PM -0500, David Wright wrote:
On Mon 22 Mar 2021 at 17:26:14 (-0700), David Christensen wrote:
On 3/22/21 5:03 PM, Keith Wyatt wrote:

As o[f]
now it will include the following bug fixes. They can be found in "buster-
proposed-updates", which is carried by all official mirrors.

Please provide a URL.

Do you mean for the .deb files themselves. AIUI they're in the
pool with all the rest. As for the changes files, they're in

http://XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX/debian/dists/buster-proposed-updates/

where XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX is whatever you put in /etc/apt/sources.list
as your local mirror.

I think the request was really "Please tell us how to use this
buster-proposed-updates thing, which I've never heard of before."

Here's a wiki page: <https://wiki.debian.org/StableProposedUpdates>
However, I would not follow its advice literally.  You *never* want
to put the word "stable" in your sources.list.  You want to put the
actual name of a release instead.

So, wherever the wiki says to use stable-proposed-updates, please use
buster-proposed-updates instead.

Thank you for understanding practicality.  :-)

David