fixing refind after grub was updated/changed

  thank you for the recent question and answers about UEFI booting.  :)

  a while ago my motherboard and/or CPU fried and i had to replace them
and about the same time a grub update came through so i'm not sure which
happened and what changed but my Debian Testing setup stopped booting
to refind menu and went back to grub.

  i had not removed grub so i'm thinking that the testing version of
grub did get updated and generated a new bios entry or something which
overwrote what was there before that was being used by refind.

  a simple reinstall of refind did not fix it.

  with the talk of efibootmgr i was able to look at what was there
and no mention of the directory or entry of refind was showing up
in the bios.

  i created a new entry in the list by using the following command:

# efibootmgr -c -L Debian_Refind -l "\EFI\BOOT\BOOTX64.EFI"

and that restored the working refind boot as it used to show up.  yay!

root@ant(1)~# efibootmgr -v
BootCurrent: 0000
Timeout: 1 seconds
BootOrder: 0000,0001
Boot0000* Debian_Refind	HD(1,GPT,blabla,0x800,0x1dc800)/File(\EFI\BOOT\BOOTX64.EFI)
Boot0001* debian	HD(1,GPT,blabla,0x800,0x1dc800)/File(\EFI\DEBIAN\GRUBX64.EFI)

  thanks!  :)

  songbird