Re: Social-media antipathy (was Re: How i can optimize my operating system?)

On Fri, Mar 12, 2021 at 3:39 AM The Wanderer <wanderer@fastmail.fm> wrote:

I decided long, long ago (sometime in the first half of the first decade
of this century, IIRC) that I didn't trust Facebook - initially because
it and its embedded ads were a notorious vector for malware, later
because I just didn't trust it period. I made a conscious decision to
never risk visiting the site, and with that one exception (for which I
did have NoScript active) I'm fairly sure I've never broken from that.

I'm not as strongly antipathetic towards the other social-media sites,
but I still tend not to visit them. I do have a Twitter account
nowadays, but I rarely visit it, and the number of tweets I've sent out
is in the low double (or maybe even high single) digits.

--
   The Wanderer

Good point of view. I still have facebook and twitter :(. I don't like it but I need to use it.

--
With kindest regards, William.

⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
⢿⡄⠘⠷⠚⠋⠀ https://www.debian.org