Re: Google vs. DDG (was: Social-media antipathy)

On Sat, 13 Mar 2021, Felix Miata wrote:

Charlie Gibbs composed on 2021-03-13 11:04 (UTC-0800):

(DuckDuckGo works fine for searches.)

I use Google and DDG. It's not unusual here to have DDG to return 0 hits, and the
exact same search repeated in Google return multiple good hits.
--

I must concur. while both tools are very useful indeed, one is not necessarily better or worse than the other for searches. It depends on what you are seeking.
Which brings up the question, why that happens?