Re: non-existing interface problem

On Sat, 13 Mar 2021 at 12:35, ghe2001 <ghe2001@protonmail.com> wrote:

> > 1.  Look or grep to see if there's anything relevant under /etc/udev/rules.d
>
> root@gobook3:~# ls /etc/udev/rules.d/
> root@gobook3:~#
>
> Hmm. Kinda looks like nothing's there.  If that's true,
> I may have problems a lot worse than a couple misbehaving interfaces.

I have 2 machines here running Debian 10.8, they're both empty
like yours, so I don't think that's any problem.

I remember that udev used to manage interface names, but it seems that
it is not involved here, so we eliminated that possibility.

So I guess the answer is either in the kernel, or systemd,
but I don't know, and I found no further clues about that in
either the Arch Linux wiki [1] or the Debian Reference [2]
or the Debian wiki [3].

So I will stay silent now and wait for someone who knows more
to answer :)

[1] https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Network_manager
[2] https://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/debian-reference/ch05.en.html
[3] https://wiki.debian.org/NetworkConfiguration