Re: How to manually install WiFi firmware on Debian Live?

On Sat 13 Mar 2021 at 00:11:36 (+0100), deloptes wrote:
> Anssi Saari wrote:
>
> > udevadm trigger is the command to run to simulate plugging in the wifi
> > adapter after you have the firmware available. I don't think modprobe
> > loads firmware.

> unloading the driver, unloads the firmware
>
> both done with modprobe. How do you load firmware manually, please?

I've always assumed that each driver (module) knows how to load
its own firmware into its own hardware in its own special way.
I've never tried going back and forth, but even if the firmware
remains in the device, there's little to be gained by not reloading
it, and a lot more to be gained by refreshing it (like updating it).

Cheers,
David.