Re: Could KDE work adequately on a PC with 4 GB of RAM and an Intel Core 2 Duo processor @ 2.33 GHz?

On Wednesday 10 March 2021 06:26:22 Cmdte Alpha Tigre Z wrote:

> > Yes, I think it will not work - better try lighter desktops or the
> > older
>
> KDE
>
> > that is called now Trinity Desktop
>
> How is that TDE?  Is it like KDE but much lighter?
> What are the main differences?
>
> Sorry, I'm new to GNU/Linux OSes.

TDE is a fork of KDE at the 3.5 level, with thousands of 3.5's bugs since
fixed. Solid, like a piece of granite. And I've been running it for
years on a milling machine with 2GB of dram and an old pentium cpu. But
I don't do email on that box. And it was replaced with an old dell with
a 4 core i5 and 4GB of dram about 3 weeks back. Future-proofing my cnc
machinery.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
 - Louis D. Brandeis