Help with understanding touchpad acceleration on libinput/Wayland

Hi. Day 2 of Debian for me! I'm a long time on-off Ubuntu/Raspberry Pi OS user though - but first time with a standard Debian install, and first time with Wayland.

I'd love some pointers about how (if at all) I can change the acceleration of my touchpad. Truth is, I'm not sure what I want to change though. On Ubuntu I couldn't make it feel how I wanted either. I just want it to feel how it does on Windows! I struggle to hit anything small, such as a window close button or grabbing the edge of a window to resize. I can't put my finger on what's different. Maybe I just need time to get muscle memory? It somehow just feels a bit fatiguing using it, too, like getting where I want is an effort...? I've tried changing the speed, obviously.

I've got a Lenovo IdeaPad 710S-13IKB running Gnome on Buster. I've got a 13" screen scaled at 100% in Gnome, which does make everything a bit small, which may have something to do with the problem. I'm using Large Text in Universal Access to get around the absence of fractional scaling.

libinput doesn't seem to have a support channel, as far as I can find, and I haven't got a bug, so I thought I'd ask here. On Ubuntu/X11 I've tried changing acceleration parameters with xinput, but I see from the libinput FAQ that they are aiming for as few user-configurable options as possible.

Thanks for your help!
Laura