Google earth pro only works as root

I've installed google-earth-pro-stable_current_amd64.deb on my debian system

cat /etc/os-release
PRETTY_NAME="Debian GNU/Linux 10 (buster)"
NAME="Debian GNU/Linux"
VERSION_ID="10"
VERSION="10 (buster)"
VERSION_CODENAME=buster
ID=debian
HOME_URL="https://www.debian.org/";
SUPPORT_URL="https://www.debian.org/support";
BUG_REPORT_URL="https://bugs.debian.org/";

lspci -v | grep VGA
09:00.0 VGA compatible controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Caicos PRO [Radeon HD 7450] (prog-if 00 [VGA controller])

The problem is Google Earth Pro will run just fine when started sudo but as a normal user it gives a message

"Unknown Graphics Card"

And proceeds to show a broken set of panes that I can't use.

I assume the problem is permissions and has nothing to do with the driver installed?

Any suggestions?

--
Jeremy