Re: Installation problem

On 28/02/2021 22:12, Alan Glasser wrote:
> I am trying to install Buster on an old 386.
> I burned the three full DVDs.
> I boot the first DVD and it gets to the point of asking about
> additional cds/dvds.
> I push the eject button on my dvd drive and nothing happens.  I try to
> do a forced eject
> with a paperclip, but that doesn't work either.  I click "No" as I
> can't eject the DVD.
> Nothing happens.
>
> This is repeatable on my machine.
> Three times; same behavior.
>
> Any ideas?

Try switching to a Console (Left Alt + F4) and running the command
"eject". Operating systems have the ability to "lock" optical drives so
that you don't, say, eject a drive that's being written to. The
Installer should, clearly, be unlocking the drive at this point if it
expects you to swap disks, but either you're not at the right point in
the installer (might you, for example, be on an explanation page, and
the NEXT page is where the drive unlocks?) or there's a bug. Either way,
'eject' should at the very least give you an error message you can work
with.