Re: How to self-load non-freeware firmware on existing netinst ISO installer

On Sun, 28 Feb 2021 18:36:49 -0600
David Wright <deblis@lionunicorn.co.uk> wrote:

> It appears that nowadays (official buster 10.8 netinst, amd64 and
> i386), loose firmware files don't get picked up, either off a second
> USB stick¹, or off an extra partition added to the hybrid
> installation stick. You have to offer it the firmware in .deb files.

I see recent Bullseye i386 installers pick up firmware .deb files in the
root of an additional USB stick. I have not experimented with loose
files.

I prefer the .deb files, as a means of keeping the firmware consistent
with the version of Debian being installed. But perhaps d-i can offer
both without too much bloat?

--
Does anybody read signatures any more?

https://charlescurley.com