Re: Debian install Question

Henning Follmann <hfollmann@itcfollmann.com> writes:

> You will find a iso here which includes most of the non-free firmware here:
> https://cdimage.debian.org/images/unofficial/non-free/images-including-firmware/10.8.0+nonfree/amd64/iso-dvd/
>
> Please take the time to read AND understand the information on that site.

I have to ask since I'm on a similar boat. What is this image? Debian
10.8 installer with non-free firmware? It's only a guess, Debian's
latest release is 10.8 but there's usually no third digit in the
version.

But what if someone needs a newer kernel than 4.19 too? My chosen HW
needs kernel 5.1 for wifi and 5.9 for ethernet plus FW from Intel and
Realtek. And no, I don't want to install testing or unstable. Or Ubuntu.

I figured I'll install from a USB stick and I have the debs from
buster-backports for a 5.10 kernel and firmware and hope I can install
those from a USB stick too.