Re: How to self-load non-freeware firmware on existing netinst ISO installer

On Wed, 24 Feb 2021 16:07:09 +0000, Brian <ad44@cityscape.co.uk> wrote:
his is from memory; I haven't done it for some time.

1. The USB stick you boot from will have empty space or a secomd
   partition.

There only one partition but there is lot of empty space

2. Extract the firmware files from the .deb and put them on the
   stick.

It doesn't matter where I put right (on root location)? or need to have special directory?

3. Boot and change to console 2: ALT-F2.

4. Mount the partition holding the firmware on /mnt.

This is tricky part as I mentioned, I only have one partition. Where I can find my USB device location? try with `dh` command but that command not working/available

5. Create /lib/firmware: mkdir /lib/firmware and transfer the
   firmware there.

6. ALT-F1 to go back to d-i. d-i should now find the firmware.
You suggestion look like the most closest one, just need to find the perfect way how to accomplish it

--
Email : Robbi Nespu <robbinespu AT SPAMFREE gmail DOT com>
PGP fingerprint : D311 B5FF EEE6 0BE8 9C91 FA9E 0C81 FA30 3B3A 80BA