Re: is it possible to add a secondary disk to an existing debian systems and install programs to the secondary disk

On Tue, Feb 23, 2021, 10:37 AM <rhkramer@gmail.com> wrote:
On Tuesday, February 23, 2021 11:13:12 AM Nicholas Geovanis wrote:
> You can always add more filesystem space later. It's easier if you're using
> LVM but that isn't required. You just build another filesystem on the new
> drive after it's installed and mount it into your filesystems, at the
> appropriate mount point.

Don't you have to do things like copy the old filesystem content to the new
filesystem (possibly using a temporary mount point for one of those), then move
the new filesystem to the old mount point?  (Maybe that is only if they are
"system" filesystems (e.g., /var, /etc, /home ...?)

I answered that in my 2nd paragraph, which you see right below this text. One step at a time for a newer sysadmin.