Re: question regarding live usb versus installed usb

On 2021-02-20 10:14, Semih Ozlem wrote:

... if you install debian on a usb drive that usb drive works only in the
machine that it was installed in (or maybe a machine that is exactly the
same as the one it was installed in)

Is this correct?

I have several computers based on the Intel x86_64 architecture -- laptops, desktops, and servers. I installed Debian [1] onto a 2.5" SATA SSD in each of them using:

    debian-9.11.0-amd64-xfce-CD-1.iso

I also installed the above onto a SanDisk Ultra Fit USB 3.0 16 GB flash drive, for maintenance and trouble-shooting purposes.

I can put any SSD or the USB flash drive into any of my Intel x86_64 computers, and Debian will boot and run.

David

[1] https://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/archive/