Re: Question regarding hardware choices

On 2021-02-19 13:55, Michael Stone wrote:
On Fri, Feb 19, 2021 at 01:45:23PM -0800, David Christensen wrote:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blind_men_and_an_elephant

You thought this was helpful how?

I frequently see a pattern on this list:

1. Someone posts an interesting question, but provides little or no context that frames the question.

2. Readers respond, making assumptions, stating answers framed within those assumptions, etc..

3. Readers respond to responses, debating assumptions, debating answers, etc..

4. The OP gets buried under a pile of responses that the OP may or may not understand or find useful.

So, metaphorically speaking, rather than blindly groping some portion of an unknown beast and attempting to describe it, I asked for a picture of the whole beast and a glimpse of its surroundings. If and when the OP provides such information, readers will be better able to provide understandable and useful answers; thereby increasing the value of this list.

David