Re: awstats, how to see in a browser?

Gene Heskett wrote:
apt/synaptic installed so I assume you mean /var/www etc

Hi Gene,

actually I meant the path part in the URL, so if you reach your web
server on localhost on the HTTP protocol, then the URL would be
http://localhost/cgi-bin/awstats.pl

ene@coyote:/var/www/cgi-bin$ ls -R

It looks like you have a lot of CGI scripts installed, so the only way
to find out how to reach the awstats page is to read the Apache
configuration.

First, check if you have /etc/apache2/conf-available/awstats.conf (as
described in /usr/share/doc/awstats/README.Debian.gz).
Further, is that config enabled? Does the symbolic link
/etc/apache2/conf-enabled/awstats.conf exist?

What is the content of that file?

ss -nlpt
A new to me command but:

Hmm, sorry, I should have said that you need to run this command as
root, otherwise you won't see all services, and it won't show you the
process name. `ss` is a replacement for the `netstat` command.

Thomas