Re: How automatic are backport package updates?

On Sb, 13 feb 21, 11:31:16, songbird wrote:

>   to me the freeze should just be a snapshot that is
> worked from off to the side and then unstable can
> continue to be worked on and security fixes and such
> can keep working through to testing.

This can already be done, e.g. by uploading to
'testing-proposed-updates' instead. The problem with this is that
packages fixing bugs in testing will see less testing than packages in
unstable, which is why the Release Team requests all updates to go via
unstable instead and uses testing-proposed-updates only as a last
resort.

Kind regards,
Andrei