Re: Rebuilding Debian Live gnome image fails

On 09/02/2021 21:40, Matthijs wrote:
Following the Debian Live manual on using a predefined configuration(https://live-team.pages.debian.net/live-manual/html/live-manual/managing-a-configuration.en.html#333):
$ mkdir live-images && cd live-images
$ lb config --config https://salsa.debian.org/live-team/live-images.git::debian
$ cd images/standard
$ sudo lb build

...this works and I get an ISO image in that directory.

But, instead doing this:
$ mkdir live-images && cd live-images
$ lb config --config https://salsa.debian.org/live-team/live-images.git::debian
$ cd images/gnome-desktop
$ sudo lb build
(note the change in the 'cd' command)
...this does NOT work. The build command starts doing a lot of work, fetching & installing stuff, but then simply stops at this point (copy/paste of ~17 lines of build.log):
It's not mentioned in those docs, but I'm pretty sure you'll need to run 'lb config' one more time after moving to the config directory (and possibly editing the files inside), before 'lb build'.

$ mkdir live-images && cd live-images
$ lb config --config https://salsa.debian.org/live-team/live-images.git::debian
$ cd images/gnome-desktop
( edit auto/config or other files to taste )
$ lb config
$ sudo lb build

---
I've never used that '--config' option to pull a git repo, but if you have git installed you could also do:
$ git clone https://salsa.debian.org/live-team/live-images
$ git checkout debian
You then have the various configs available in images/. Possibly copy one of those directories elsewhere before building, to keep the git repo clean.

--
John