Re: how to set link/level in wifi configuration?

Le 11/02/2021 à 07:42, Long Wind a écrit :
zhou@debian:~$ inxi -F
System:
   Host: debian Kernel: 4.9.0-8-686-pae i686 bits: 32 Desktop: twm
   Distro: Debian GNU/Linux 9 (stretch)
[...]
   Topology: Dual Core model: Pentium E6500 bits: 64 type: MCP
[...]
   Device-1: Ralink MT7601U Wireless Adapter type: USB driver: mt7601u
[...]
The MT7601U chipset is not a recent one so it should not require a very recent kernel (in case Ubuntu has a more recent kernel that your Debian distros)

There is one notable difference, though, between your Ubuntu and Debian distros: there is no more i386 version of Ubuntu, so you are using a amd64 version of it but you are using a i386 architecture version of Debian on your amd64 architecture processor (with PAE). That could be the origin of your problems and I suggest you using an amd64 Debian: nowadays I would say that running a 32bits OS on a 64bits proc probably offers mostly drawbacks...