Re: sshfs has fubared mount

On Tuesday 09 February 2021 04:11:10 tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 09, 2021 at 12:01:03AM -0500, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > Greetings all;
> >
> > I have sshfs setup so I can move files around between this box and 4
> > others, 3 of which are now running buster.  Works only for the user,
> > me.
> >
> > Same install medium, a usb key, has installed buster to a 5th
> > machine, which is identical to two of the other 4.
> >
> > But the mount permissions are inverted, only root can mount this 5th
> > machine.  ssh -Y aliasname works normally, and I am logged into this
> > 5th machine fron a konsole as me, user 1000.
> >
> > Only I can execute these 4 lines of a script in my bin directory
> > #!/bin/bash
> > sshfs gene@sixty40.coyote.den:/ /sshnet/sixty40
> > sshfs gene@lathe:/              /sshnet/lathe
> > sshfs gene@GO704:/              /sshnet/GO704
> > sshfs pi@rpi4:/			/sshnet/rpi4
> >
> > but only root can execute this last line
> >
> > sshfs gene@Hardinge1:/		/sshnet/Hardinge1
> >
> > generating this error when I run this script as me.
> > gene@coyote:~$ bin/mount-machines
> > fuse: mountpoint is not empty
> > fuse: if you are sure this is safe, use the 'nonempty' mount option
>
> [rest deleted]
>
> Sorry. I can't relate this mail's subject, your longer description
> and the error messages you show.
>
> Mount is complaining that the directory where you mount the file
> systems "to" (aka "mountpoint") has stuff in it and refusing to
> do its job (unless you force it, with an extra option).
>
> My hunch is that either something is already mounted there, or
> that something got copied to those directories (while they were
> not mounted to) by accident.
>
> I'm counting exactly four like error messages, corresponding to
> the four mount commands in your script above. Whatever conclusions
> that leads us to.

Those 4 messages aren't reallly germain to this, they are mounts refusal
to redo a mount already done by many invocations of the
~/bin/mount-machines as I attempt to solve this. I only showed those for
completeness. So those are smoke in this instance.

The final line of that bash script:
sshfs gene@Hardinge1:/          /sshnet/Hardinge1
generates this response:
fusermount: user has no write access to mountpoint /sshnet/Hardinge1

yet its ownership and attributes are identical to all the others that
Just Work.

Thanks Tomas

 > Cheers
>  - t