Re: Accessing raid from multiple hosts

john doe composed on 2021-02-07 15:35 (UTC+0100):

> I have a multiboot system (Buster and Stretch),, the raid was configured
> on Buster and works well.

> now, I need to access that same raid from Stretch.

> Has anyone been able to access a raid from multiple hosts,

This makes it unclear what you have.

> if yes, how did you do it?

> P.S.

> Stretch and Buster are not running at the same time.

I have several multiboot systems with RAID. I simply copy /etc/mdadm.conf from the
original Linux installation to each additional Linux installation, and ensure
mdadm is installed, which means I copied from older installation to newer. Whether
anything about RAID configuration changed between Stretch and Buster that would
prevent the newer from working with the older I have no idea.
--
Evolution as taught in public schools, like religion,
	is based on faith, not on science.

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/