Re: Problems installing from flash drive.

On 02/05/2021 01:05 PM, songbird wrote:
Richard Owlett wrote:
One can purchase a flash drive containing ISO images of all installation
DVDs of the desired architecture. It is straight forward to do a default
install after copying dvd1.iso to a flash drive.
Are the instructions to create a "local repository" composed of
appropriate ISO files?

   yes, i'm sure there are, but also in the past i was able to
just copy the files to the right place on a hard drive or
partition and use that without using any other tool other
than a straight copy.

As I just replied to Jeremy, that works.
I don't recall a previous so can't say why things didn't work.
I suspect I've been using Debian enough since that my unstated assumptions more closely match yours ?????

Thanks for your time.